HOSTEL ADMISSION RULES & GUIDELINES
In addition to three hostels in college campus the college offers an arrangement of hostel accommodation in the Govt. Home Science College, Sector-10, Chandigarh, Govt. Polytechnic College, Sector -10, Chandigarh, New Block Working Women's Hostel, Sector-24, Chandigarh and Central Craft Institute Sector-11, Chandigarh. ON THE SPOT ADMISSION DOES NOT APPLY TO CANDIDATES WHO SEEK HOSTEL ADMISSION.
The candidates have to apply in advance as per the instructions given below.
- Candidates will apply on the prescribed college Admission Form incorporated in the joint prospectus.
- Admission forms for the hostel applicants will not be accepted, if received later than 24-06-2016 (Friday) online and hard copy 29-06-2016 (Wednesday).
- Incomplete forms will not be entertained.
- Old students of hostel to note that admission to hostel is not a matter of Right. Students having compartment or attendance shortage in the previous class will NOT be allowed hostel seat in the next session.
- Old Students are required to report for college and hostel admission positively as per the Admission Schedule failing which they will lose their Right to admission and hostel seat.
- The admission to hostel is a 4-step process:
Step 1: College Admission
Step 2: Hostel Admission
Step 3: Payment of the fees
Step 4: Collection of ‘Hostel Accommodation cum Pledge Form’ and Medical Certificate Performa, which has to be submitted after duly completing it on the Reporting Day to the concerned Hostel Superintendent.
- Shifting of Hostel is NOT Allowed under any circumstances.
- The hostel seats are limited therefore admission to the college does not ensure the Right of the candidate to the hostel seat.
- Hostel seats will be filled on the basis of the merit of the students.
- Merit list of the hostel applicants will be displayed on 04.07.2016 (Monday) by 2:00 pm and discrepancies are to be notified before 11.00 a.m. on 05.07.16 (Tuesday).
- Physical presence of the candidate is compulsory on the day of admission.
- Parents to note that admission formalities/ process may take more than one day. So they are required to make their own arrangements of stay accordingly.
- Counselling for left out seats, which may fall vacant, will be held on 15th July 2016 (Friday), from 11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. in the Conference Room. Students need not fill any new form for this counselling but reporting for the counselling is compulsory. Failure to report for the same will be considered as not interested in the seat.
- After the candidate has been granted admission in the college as well as in the hostel, she has to pay her college and hostel dues on the same day either in any E-Sampark Centre or online to the E-Sampark Centre by 2:30 pm.
- In case the candidate does not pay her fee on the same day, she loses claim to the hostel seat.
- After the candidate has deposited the fee, she will collect a ‘Hostel Accommodation cum Pledge Form’ and Medical Certificate Performa from the Fee Clerk.
- Admitted students will report to the hostel authorities in their allotted hostels one day before the commencement of the classes (Date to be notified on the college notice board).
- The admitted student will bring the duly filled 'Hostel Accommodation cum pledge Form' complete in all respects on the Reporting day and submit it to the Hostel Superintendent in the hostel.
- It is mandatory for all the new students and their PARENTS to be present on the Reporting day, on which they will be acquainted with the hostel staff and apprised of the hostel rules and code of conduct.
- Foreign students and students belonging to Manipur, Leh-Ladhak and Tibet etc. must have their parents accompanying them at the time of hostel admission. They also need to submit an affidavit from their parents authorising the local guardians to perform all responsibilities after the admission on their behalf regarding hostel rules and regulations. They are required to bring a family photograph and also two passport size photos at the time of admission.
- Rooms in the hostels are allotted by the hostel authorities only when the students report to them.
Procedure for Recommendation to Accommodation in Hostels of Govt. Home Science College, Sector-10, Chandigarh, Govt. Polytechnic College, Sector-10, Chandigarh, New Block Working Women's Hostel, Sector-24, Chandigarh, and Central Craft Institute, Sector-11, Chandigarh.
- Those who are granted admission to the college but fail to get a seat in our college hostels can opt for hostel accommodation in the Govt. Home Science College hostel, Sec-10, Govt. Polytechnic College hostel, Sec-10, New Block Working Women's Hostel, Sec-24 and Central Craft Institute, Sector-11, Chandigarh.
- List of candidates will be prepared on the basis of Merit and sent to Principals / Superintendents / Wardens of the above mentioned hostels with recommendation for the Hostel Accommodation.
- The parents are advised to check the date of reporting to Home Science College Sec 10, Working Women's Hostel Sec-24, Polytechnic College Sec 10 and Central Craft Institute Sector-11, Chandigarh at the time of admission.
- The recommended candidates will buy the Hostel Form from the allotted college and submit it there, after filling it up.
- Students will be governed by the hostel rules and hostel fee structure of the respective college in which they are allotted hostel seats.
- No student will be allowed to join hostel without:
a) Fee Receipts (Both College & Hostel)
b) Hostel Accommodation cum Pledge Form.
c) Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Students are required to bring their own bedding, bed linen and door curtains. The other required items e.g. locks, buckets, mugs, bulbs, dusters etc are available in the college tuck-shop also.
- Furniture will be issued to the resident students against their signatures and the student will be held responsible for any breakage of furniture issued to her.
- Hostel students are not allowed to use any personal electric appliances. In case of a defaulter, strict action will be taken and the appliance will be confiscated. They are also warned not to tamper with electrical fittings. The college will not be responsible for any mishap.
- Hostel students are not allowed to keep any personal vehicles.
- The College is not responsible for any inappropriate behaviour/action of the student which is detrimental to accepted social norms.
- Possession and consumption of any kind of intoxicants/drugs will result into immediate expulsion from hostel.
- The college does not take responsibility of valuables especially mobile phones and cash of resident students. They are therefore advised not to bring jewellery with them.
- Students are not allowed to stay in the College hostel during autumn break, winter break or summer vacations. However, in case of an emergency, arrangements can be made for their stay only after getting special permission from the Principal.
- All the students will report daily for Roll-Call in their respective hostels at 5:30 p.m. in winter (Nov. to Feb.) & 6:00 p.m. in summer.
- Parents of the defaulter students can be called by the hostel authorities any time so they are advised to take the report of their wards from the hostel wardens from time to time.
- If, at any time, it is found that the information given to hostel authorities by the parents or the students is wrong, strict action will be taken immediately by the hostel and college authorities.
- Students who fail to obtain minimum 25% marks in the aggregate of all subjects in the house examination or have lecture shortage will have to forfeit their hostel seat.
- Parents should regularly check the attendance, house test results and record of outings of their wards.
- Married girls are not allowed to stay in the college Hostel. In case a student gets married during the session, she will have to vacate the hostel.
- Resident students are not allowed to take part in any kind of protest or strike.
- Students are expected to maintain a decent dress code in the hostel and college premises.
- Habitual defiance of the hostel rules will render a resident student liable to disciplinary action, a special fine and even expulsion from the college.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited as per the Hon’ble Supreme Court orders. Defaulters will face punitive action.
- Action will be taken against the erring students, who pass undesirable remarks about fellow students, indulge in physical and mental torture and show disobedience and non-co-operative behaviour.
Appointment of Local Guardians
- Appointment of two local guardians is a must for the hostel record of each resident student. In case of an emergency, local guardians will be informed and called.
- Unmarried Men (blood relation and cousins) will not be accepted as local guardians and will not be allowed to enter the college premises.
- Only parents and guardians will be allowed to meet their wards from 3.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. on Saturday and 10.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. on Sundays.
At the time of hostel admission, parents are advised to inform the hostel authorities of any chronic ailment from which the student may be suffering, so that they are better equipped and prepared to handle such emergencies.
In case this fact is concealed from the authorities at the time of admission, the college will not be responsible for any emergency that may arise. Students are advised not to indulge in self-medication; if they do so, they will be responsible for the consequences. In case of emergency student will be taken to nearby government hospital/PGI.
Outings and Leave Rules
- Timings for Outings:
Sundays and other holidays
10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. in winter
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in summer
3:00 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. in winter
3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in summer
Students are required to report back at 5:30p.m. sharp in Winter & 6:00 p.m. sharp in Summer, failing which strict disciplinary action will be taken and they may even be denied admission for the next session.
- No student shall leave the hostel without prior permission of the Principal/Hostel authorities, failing which strict disciplinary action will be taken.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the hostel before the official date of the closing of the academic session.
- Students will be allowed to go on leave/vacation only on the basis of ‘Permanent Authority’ submitted by their parents to the hostel authorities at the time of joining the hostel. If they extend their stay, serious action will be taken against them.