Students seeking admission to the hostel have to apply in advance as per instructions given below:
- Mere submission of application form does not ensure admission.
- Admission is strictly on merit and on the availability of seats.
- All students old and new seeking hostel accommodation are required to fill the relevant column in the online Admission Form.
- Hostel seat is allotted for one academic year only.
- Admission will have to be sought afresh in every academic session.
- Under graduate students from the final year of various streams cannot reserve a seat for the Post Graduate courses.
- A seat can be denied to the old resident if her conduct, attendance and result of the mid semester and annual examinations have not been up to the mark.
Hostel Admission Regulations
- Candidates will apply online at www.dhe.chd.gov.in.
- Concealment of any kind of information at time of admission will result into cancellation of their seat.
- Old Students are required to report for college and hostel admission positively as per the Admission Schedule failing which they will lose their right to admission and hostel seat.
- The admission to hostel is a 4-step process:
- Step 1: College Admission
- Step 2: Hostel Admission
- Step 3: Payment of the fees
- Step 4: Collection of Hostel Accommodation cum Pledge Form and Medical Fitness Certificate Performa.
- The hostel seats are limited therefore admission to the college does not ensure the right of the candidate to the hostel seat.
- Physical presence of the candidate is compulsory on the day of admission.
- Parents to note that admission formalities/process may take more than one day. So they are required to make their own arrangements of stay accordingly.
- After the candidate has been granted admission in the college as well as in the hostel, she has to pay her college and hostel dues on the same day.
- In case the candidate does not pay her fee on the same day, she loses claim to the hostel seat.
- After the candidate has deposited the fees she will collect a ‘Hostel Accommodation cum Pledge Form’ and ‘Medical Fitness Certificate’ Performa from the Fee Clerk.
- Admitted students will report to the hostel authorities in their allotted hostels one day before the commencement of the classes (Date to be notified on the college notice board).
- The admitted student will bring the duly filled ‘Hostel Accommodation cum Pledge Form’ and ‘Medical Fitness Certificate’ complete in all respects on the Reporting Day and submit it to the Hostel Superintendent in the hostel.
- It is mandatory for all the new students and their PARENTS to be present on the Reporting Day, on which they will be acquainted with the hostel staff and apprised of the hostel rules and code of conduct
- Foreign students and students belonging to Manipur, Leh-Ladhak and Tibet etc. must have their parents accompanying them at time of hostel admission. They also need to submit an affidavit from their parents authorizing the local guardians to perform all responsibilities on their behalf regarding hostel rules and regulations. They are required to bring a family photograph and also two passport size photos at time of admission.
- Rooms in the hostels are allotted by the hostel authorities only when the students report to them.
- No student will be allowed to join hostel without:
- Fee Receipts (Both College & Hostel)
- Hostel Accommodation cum Pledge Form.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Students are required to bring their own bedding, bed linen and door curtains. Other required items e.g. locks, buckets, mugs, bulbs, dusters etc are available in the college tuck-shop also.
- Furniture will be issued to the resident students against their signatures and the student will be held responsible for any breakage of furniture issued to her.
- Hostel students are not allowed to use any personal electric appliances. In case of a defaulter, strict action will be taken and the appliance will be confiscated. They are also warned not to tamper with electrical fittings. The college will not be responsible for any mishap.
- Hostel students are not allowed to keep any personal vehicles.
- The College is not responsible for any inappropriate behavior/action of the student that is detrimental to accepted social norms.
- Possession and consumption of any kind of intoxicants/drugs/ alcohol will result in immediate expulsion from the hostel.
- The college does not take responsibility of valuables especially mobile phones, laptops and cash of resident students. They are therefore advised not to bring jewellery and other expensive articles with them.
- Students are not allowed to stay in the College hostel during autumn break, winter break or summer vacations.
- All the students will report daily for Roll-Call in their respective hostels at 6:00 p.m.
- Parents of the defaulter students can be called by the hostel authorities any time so they are advised to take the report of their wards from the hostel wardens from time to time.
- If, at any time, it is found that the information given to hostel authorities by the parents or the students is wrong, strict action will be taken immediately by the hostel and college authorities.
- Students who fail to obtain minimum 25% marks in the aggregate of all subjects in the house examination or have lecture shortage will have to forfeit their hostel seat.
- Married girls are not allowed to stay in the college Hostel. In case a student gets married during the session, she will have to vacate the hostel.
- Resident students are not allowed to take part in any kind of protest or strike. This will lead to their expulsion from the hostel and college.
- Strict disciplinary action will be taken against defaulters, which may result in immediate expulsion from hostel.
- Students are expected to maintain a decent dress code in the hostel and college premises.
- Habitual defiance of the hostel rules will render a resident student liable to disciplinary action, a special fine and even expulsion from the college.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited as per the Hon’ble Supreme Court orders. Defaulters will face punitive action.
- Any kind of shouting, creating rumours, knocking on doors or any other act likely to create disturbance is strictly prohibited within the Hostel premises.
- Any matter of dispute with fellow boarders should be reported immediately to the Warden/Principal.
- Residents must switch off fans and lights before leaving for night out, day out and during college hours.
- Action will be taken against the erring students, who pass undesirable remarks about fellow students, indulge in physical and mental torture and show disobedience and non-co-operative behaviour.
- A day scholar is not permitted to visit or stay in the hostel without the permission of the Principal.
- Students must give due respect to the wardens and the hostel staff
- Residents should maintain cordial relations with other fellow students.
- Any hosteller found guilty of creating indiscipline, bringing bad publicity or indulging in negative politics is liable to be expelled with immediate effect.
- The Principal reserves the right to change any of the hostel rules and dues. The changes shall be binding on the residents.
It is mandatory to carry a Medical Fitness Certificate by an authorised Medical Practitioner at the time of entry to the hostel. The Medical Certificate should carry the information of the blood group of the student. If a student is suffering from any allergy or medicine, then the same should also be mentioned. Non-disclosure of information related to any serious medical condition will result in the cancellation of the hostel seat. In case this fact is concealed from the authorities at the time of admission, the college will not be responsible for any emergency that may arise. Students are advised not to indulge in self-medication; if they do so, they will be responsible for the consequences. A nurse accompanied by an attendant is available on the campus 24X7 for any kind of medical aid. In case of emergency the student will be taken to the nearby government hospital/PGI.
Hostel Leave Rules
- A resident student can avail night out /weekend leave only twice a month.
- Wardens can grant leave only on weekends and not during college days and timings. Special permission of the Principal is required to leave the Hostel for attending birthday/engagement/wedding of relatives.
- The wedding card and a letter from parents with the proof of their identity should be attached with the leave application. In all such cases the parents must write directly to the Principal at least two days in advance. A maximum of 4 days leave will be granted for the wedding of siblings.
- Residents will be granted permission to attend family functions only if they have the requisite attendance in classes, have appeared in the Mid-semester examinations, and have adhered to the rules and regulations of the college.
- If any student extends her leave period of night stay, the parents/guardians should inform the hostel warden well in advance.
- The warden can sanction leave upto 4 days. Any leave more than 4 days would require the sanction of the Principal.
- Attendance will not be granted for medical leave or any other leave taken by the student.
- Students who do not report for 10 days without prior permission will have to vacate the hostel.
Rules for Outing
Timings for Outings:
Sundays and other Holidays
11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.in Summer and Winter
3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Summer and Winter
- Outings will be allowed to the residents only with the prior permission of parents/local guardians taken in writing.
- Students are to be given permanent authority by their parents on a printed performa on the basis of which they will be allowed to go out on their own (Printed forms will be available with the wardens).
- Residents must enter their timings of departure and arrival in the outing register (Dayout/Nightout/ Coaching).
- Residents shall strictly adhere to the timings of their return i.e. 6:00 p.m. in case of Dayouts and Nightouts. They must submit their joining to hostel warden after availing of nightout.
- The warden has the right to deny outing to a resident in case of returning late from Night out/any kind of misconduct.
- Students are expected to report on the day of the reopening of the college after the holidays, failing which it will lead to the cancellation of their Hostel Seat.
- If a resident frequently overstays during her leave, her Hostel seat may be cancelled and it may also entail refusal of admission to the college in the next session.
Note: Day outings will be given according to the season and circumstances.
- Variety of good vegetarian food at reasonable rates is served in the hostel.
- Fixed mess charges will be applicable for all resident students which will have to be paid according to the mess time schedule even if resident student does not join back the hostel after vacations/holidays for any reason whatsoever.
- Meals will be served in the Dining Hall only
- Students must observe all mess rules in the Dining Hall.
- Meals will not be served before or after the fixed hours. Residents must observe meal timings.
- Residents are expected to come decently dressed to the dining hall.
- Cooking area is not open to the residents.
- Residents must behave properly with the Mess Staff.
- Hostel and mess dues will be non refundable
- Only mess/hostel security will be refunded after submitting “No Dues Certificate”.