Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Start-Up Policy
Post Graduate Government College for Girls, Sector 11, Chandigarh
The Start-up Policy shall act as a catalyst in creating an enabling environment for the students to flourish and grow. The policy aims to encourage and enable start-ups to grow through innovation, design and creating a technology and venture ecosystem for the students to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams in the region. The policy also aims at enabling the college to build, streamline and strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem in campus.
Post Graduate Government College for Girls, Sector 11, Chandigarh through this policy aims at serving as a platform to develop and nurture a vibrant ecosystem to promote knowledge sharing, innovation, entrepreneurship, start-ups, critical thinking and design thinking and investment in college.
- To make college an inspirational geographical and human resource base for high value start-ups and innovation.
- To invite the best entrepreneurial minds to help college develop a robust and flexible start-up ecosystem in the college.
- To foster collaboration with other research, professional institutes and corporate.
- To galvanize the start-up ecosystem and to provide national and international visibility to the start-up ecosystem.
- To develop entrepreneurial skills amongst students.
- To foster a culture of innovation in the field of humanities, commerce, science and information technology amongst students.
- To create an ecosystem to incubate and support innovative ideas.
Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.