The Ministry of Education (MoE, earlier MHRD) in the year 2018, through MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC) launched the Institute’s Innovation Council (IIC) program in collaboration with AICTE for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). ‘Innovation Cell’ was developed with the purpose of systematically fostering the culture of Innovation in all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) across the country. Major focus of IIC is to create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem, start-up supporting mechanism in HEIs, prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework and establish function ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation.
The journey of IIC in our college started with its establishment in 2018. The fundamental Goals and Objectives of IIC of our college are:
- To inspire, encourage and nurture young students for different activities involved in pre-incubation, incubation and making successful start-ups and innovations.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by MIC, IIC, celebrations activity, self-driven in a time-bound manner.
- To engage faculty members and students in various innovation and entrepreneurship related activities such as ideation, problem-solving, design and critical thinking, intellectual property rights, impact lecture session etc.
- To get value addition to our initiatives by guidance from, and interaction with external members including professionals, industry representatives and entrepreneurs.
|- President||Prof. (Dr.) Anita Kaushal|
|- Vice President - Innovation Activity Coordinator||Dr Sadhana Verma|
|- Convener - IPR Activity Coordinator||Dr. Naveen Pandhi|
|- ARIIA Coordinator - NIRF Coordinator||Mr. Ajay Kumar Sharma|
|- Internship Activity Coordinator - Start-up Activity Coordinator||Dr. Sukhwant Sidhu|
|- Social Media Coordinator||Ms. Harpreet Kaur|
Mr. Mohit Sanan
Dr. Preet Kamal Sharma
Ms. Ritu Singh Kalsi
Dr. Pooja Pal
Ms. Navdeep Kaur
Mr. Narinder Singh
Mr. Arun Kalia
Dr. Ravneet Kaur
Vision & Mission
- To promote innovation in the institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
- To integrate academics with community outreach.
- To enable students to become agents of social change.
- To increase the overall potential of the students.
- To create an ecosystem to incubate and support innovative ideas.
- To nurture the start-ups by providing them necessary support.
- Organize periodic workshops/seminars/interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- To promote innovation by providing state of the art incubation facilities.
- To promote knowledge sharing and ensure holistic development of the students through education and empowerment.
- To enable them to actualize their potential and mentor them as educated and informed citizens.