Post Graduate Government College for Girls,Sector-11 has a Placement Cell that holds regular job festivals and placement drives in the campus where a number of reputed companies like Dell, Standard Chartered Bank, IBM (Daksh), GE Services, ING Vysya, Wipro, Infosys, Global Vantage, Excel Call Net, Spice Telecom, Bank of America and Convergys recruit our students. Many of our students are working with leading newspapers and television channels as news reporters and correspondents. The Placement Cell also facilitates the college students to participate in off campus placement drives andjob fests organised by various institutions and corporates.
The Placement Cell of the college remains active throughout the year and conducts an annual survey to assess the career preferences of the students. The results of the survey showed that on the average during last few years 50% of the students wish to pursue higher studies as their first preference, 42% of the students are interested in jobs after completing their degrees where as 8% want to be entrepreneurs.
Objectives of the Placement Cell
- To assist the students in taking suitable career decisions keeping in view their aptitude.
- To organise workshops/seminars in the campus to appraise the students of the career opportunities in the traditional and emerging sectors viz civil services, management, animation, media, accountancy etc.
- To invite experts from industry to interact with students.
- To organise workshops and interactive sessions to train the students in resume writing, group discussions, andinterviews.
- To organise various competitions like public speaking, slogan writing and poster making onthe issues related tocareer planning.
Members of Placement Cell (2021-22)
- Dr Naveen Pandhi
- Dr Sukhwant Singh Sidhu
- Mr Mohit Sanan
- Mr Saurabh Gupta
- Mr Narinder Singh
contact us at : email@example.com