Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyaan
Post Graduate Government College For Girls, Chandigarh
Launched in 2013, RUSA aims at providing strategic funding to eligible state higher educational institutions. RUSA places greater emphasis on the improvement of the quality of teaching-learning processes in order to produce employable and competitive graduates, post-graduates and Ph.Ds.
- The key objectives of RUSA are:
- To improve access, equity and quality in higher education through planned development of higher education at the state level.
- To create new academic institutions, expanding and upgrading the existing ones.
- To develop institutions that are self-reliant in terms of quality education, professionally managed, and characterized by greater inclination towards research.
- To provide students with education that is relevant to them as well the nation as a whole.
Principal: Prof. (Dr.) Anita Kaushal
Co-ordinator: Dr. Sukhwant Singh Sidhu