On April 12, 2023, Post-Graduate Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held its 65th Annual Prize Distribution Function. The event was graced by Honorable Ms. Justice Jaishree Thakur from the Panjab and Haryana High Court, who was the Chief Guest on the occasion. The ceremony started with the ceremonial lamp lighting by the Chief Guest, Principal, Dean, and Vice-Principal of the college, followed by the invocation of Goddess Saraswati by the students. More than 600 meritorious students were recognized for their outstanding performance in academics, sports, and extra-curricular activities, and were honored with trophies and prizes amidst applause from the audience.
The Principal Prof (Dr) Anita Kaushal presented the College Annual Report, highlighting the students’ achievements in various fields at different levels. She also acknowledged the contribution of the faculty as members of Academic Bodies of Panjab University and their efforts in research. The Principal proudly announced the college’s achievements, including winning numerous accolades in Environmental conservation, Sustainable development practices, and cleanliness at the national and international level. The college is the first of its kind in the city to have a Solid Waste Management Plant, and the Research Block for five Doctoral Centers has been inaugurated to provide a conducive academic environment for research scholars. The college has won several trophies, including the Overall Trophy for the Ninth Consecutive Year in Panjab University Zonal Youth & Heritage Festival and the Vice Chancellor’s Trophy -2nd Runners up at Panjab University Inter-Zonal level. The College Institution Innovation Council (IIC) has been granted FOUR star status by MoE, Govt. of India, and has been Conferred with Green Champion Award by MGNCRE Govt. of India.
Honourable Ms. Justice Jaishree Thakur congratulated and presented the prizes to the students who excelled in academics, sports, and extra-curricular activities. She praised the multidimensional achievements of the institution and faculty and nostalgically recalled her years in her Alma Mater. She applauded the glorious progress made ever since and observed that extra-curricular activities help shape a career and work with team spirit. She motivated the students to be ready to face the unknown ups and downs in the roller-coaster ride of life and advised them to perform the task assigned wholeheartedly, regardless of its size or importance.
More than 600prizes were awarded to the students in various categories.
- 32 students were awarded the College Colour in sports and 22 in extra-curricular activities.
- 05students were awarded the Roll of Honourin sports for their achievements in various inter-university, state and national level championships and 32 students were awarded the Roll of Honour for extra-curricular
- Swatiwas adjudged as the Best NCC Cadet Air Wing.
- AakritiThakur was adjudged as the Best NCC Cadet Army Wing.
- Asmiwas awarded as the Best volunteer of NSS.
- Gurleen Kaurwasawarded P. Dutta Award for Honesty.
- Yashicawas adjudgedBest in Sports.
- Tania Yadavwas awarded theNirmalVasudeva Scholarship
- Anshika Vohrawas awarded C. Bhatia Awardfor being the Best student in Physics.
- Aayushiwas awarded SharanMakkar Memorial Award for being the outstanding student in Punjabi literature.
- Ritulwere awarded Harjinder Singh Scholarship.
- Anamikawas awarded PushpaVerma Scholarship and a medal for standing 1st in M.A-II in P.U. and her performance in Youth Festivals.
- Aanchalgot PushpaVerma Scholarshipand a medalfor her performance in Academics and Youth Festivals.
- Ishminder Kaur, Tanisha and Priyawere awarded Dharam Rattan Scholarship.
- Aashi Jainwas awardedSardarniDevinderKaur Scholarship.
- Aanchal and Pooja Negiwere awarded Gopal Das Garg Memorial Scholarship for their performance in Music Instrumental and Music Vocal respectively.
- Kajal, Dimpy, Amima, Kavita, Shallu, Sheetalwere awarded PrabhaKapila Scholarship.
- Pritpal Kaurwas awardedGursharanSingh Scholarship for excelling in Punjabi language and literature.
- Amanpreet Kaur was awarded Hardev Singh Ziladar Memorial Scholarship for excelling in Punjabi subject.
- Prateekshawas awarded Raj Kumar Sharma memorial award for academic excellence in PG Public Administration.
- Gurjeet Kaur was awarded R.S. Chopra memorial award for best student in PG Chemistry.
- Jaspreet Kaur was awarded M.M.Chaudharymemorial scholarship for Chemistry.
- Anshika Vohra of B.Sc.-III (N.Med) was declared the All Round Best Student of the college at the Under-graduate level.
- Prateeksha of MA-II (Public Administration) was declared the All Round Best Student of the college at the Post-graduate level.
The all round best students werealso given the award instituted by Mr. B.S. Ojha IAS (Retd.) in memory of Mrs. Pushpa Ojha, former Principal of this college.