Objectives and Categories
Sports and games are essential not only for physical fitness and mental wellbeing of a person but have a definite role to play in one’s holistic development. Our college grooms the students as sportspersons with spirit, endurance, stamina and winning potential. To achieve this objective, our faculty and the infrastructure are the major contributors besides the efforts and perseverance of our students.
Sports fields at PGGCG-11 are the platforms where dedication, competitiveness, fair play and poise combine with abilities of the students to produce national and international level athletes. We provide best facilities and adequate opportunities to the emerging players to excel at various levels.
The college is proud to be the alma mater of internationally renowned sports persons such as Arjuna Awardee Kanwal Thakur Singh (Badminton) and Kamla Dalal (Hockey) and scores of other achievers.
The main objectives are:
- To provide appropriate resources required to realise sports ambitions at the regional, state, national and international arena.
- To strengthen physical facilities by providing state-of-the-art training equipments, indoor Badminton hall, Table Tennis hall, Yoga Centre, cemented Basket Ball court etc.
- To facilitate students to recognize their sporting potential with respect to a game and maximize associated capabilities, so that they can participate and enjoy.
- To instil a sense of fair play, healthy competition and sportsmanship.
- To promote overall physical and mental well-being of all the students, may they be sportspersons or not.
- To develop self-esteem and self-confidence in students by sharing positive sporting experiences of eminent players.
- To develop leadership skills and foster co-operation, tolerance, consideration, trust and responsibility through sporting activities and events.
- To provide recreational atmosphere to the students and offer them opportunities for release to refresh them after strenuous academic work.
- To provide prospects to the faculty to augment their potential for advanced specialized guidance to the sportspersons.
The institution provides ample choices in sports and our qualified faculty complemented by professional trainers facilitate the potential in the following categories:
- Ball Badminton
- Cross Country
- Lawn Tennis
- Penchak Slat
- Sepak Takraw
- Table Tennis